Happy Holidays from South River Miso
Stay healthy with South River Miso this holiday season! Our Miso is a delicious, high quality protein,
organic food that aids digestion and provides an abundance of naturally occurring probiotics.
It adds wonderful flavor to any holiday dish and can be used in dips, salad dressings, soups, marinades, and more.
We offer two sampler packs that make great gifts.
contains four 1 lb jars and
contains four 8 oz jars of selected misos.
The Garlic Red Pepper Miso
featured in our recipe below is not included in our sampler packs but is available online.
We hope that you stay warm and well while enjoying friends and family during the upcoming season.
Festive Penne with Garlic Red Pepper Miso
Serves three or four
3 tblsp olive oil
1/2 lb whole wheat penne pasta or gluten-free substitute
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp curry powder
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
14 oz cake of extra firm tofu
1/2 cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbsp Garlic Red Pepper Miso
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add penne and cook 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put 1 tblsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add the spinach and cook, stirring rapidly for about 1 minute. Set aside.
3. Dry tofu with paper towel or cloth to remove excess moisture. Cut into small cubes.
4. Next, put 2 tblsp of olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Saute 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add cubed tofu, stirring for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tsp curry powder over tofu and stir to coat. Add dried basil. Mix 2 tblsp Garlic Red Pepper Miso with 2 tsp water in a small bowl. Stir into tofu. Turn off heat and add sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Drain the penne. Combine all ingredients. Add 1 tblsp miso or more to taste.
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our pictures, slide shows and videos by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store
- Try more of our great recipes
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River
- View a slide show of the miso making process
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso
- See a slide show of our location at South River Farm
- Read "Love Letters" from our customers
Please join our community on Facebook