Seasons Greetings from South River Miso
During the holiday season, miso offers a humble and magical addition to soups,
casseroles, and tasty dips for family and friends. It also makes a great marinade
for fish, meats, tofu, and more. A high quality probiotic, organic seasoning,
South River Miso is a healthy choice for bringing balance and harmony to the
table this festive time of year.
Miso also makes a great holiday gift. We offer two sampler packs:
contains four 1 lb jars and
contains four 8 oz jars of selected miso.
Take a look at the many other varieties of amazing miso we offer
Try a new one! May you enjoy a happy, healthy holiday season.
Holiday Miso Onion Soup
Serves three or four
4 large onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Sweet-Tasting Brown Rice Miso
2 tablespoons Garlic Red Pepper Miso
(Using two varieties is optional. Use a total of 4 tablespoons of miso.)
1 quart water
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of dried thyme
Chopped parsley and scallion
1. Heat olive oil in heavy soup pot and add onions with pinch of
sea salt and dried thyme.
2. Sauté on medium flame for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to low flame.
3. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add water and bring to boil over high heat.
5. In a small bowl blend miso with 1/2 cup liquid from pot.
flame and add diluted miso. Turn off heat.
6. Season to taste by adding more miso or sea salt.
with fresh parsley and scallions.
~This soup is super yummy and easy to make. You may find yourself devouring it! Add your favorite cheese and some garlicky croutons if you like.
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our pictures, slide shows and videos by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store
- Try more of our great recipes
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River
- View a slide show of the miso making process
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso
- See a slide show of our location at South River Farm
- Read "Love Letters" from our customers
Please join our community on Facebook