Happy, Healthy Holidays from South River Miso
Warm wishes to you this holiday season from South River Miso! Stay balanced and nourished during these busy days by incorporating miso as part of a healthy diet. Our miso is a high quality, tasty, organic seasoning that can aid digestion because it provides an abundance of naturally occurring probiotics and enzymes. It adds savory flavor to any holiday dish and can be used in soups, dips, salad dressings, marinades, and more. Head over to our website
to see more recipes.
We offer a Sampler Pack
that makes a great holiday gift. It contains four one pound jars with an assortment of our most popular varieties of miso and a recipe booklet.
Garlic Red Pepper Miso
, featured in the recipe below, is a great choice for festive holiday dishes. It is not included in the Sampler Pack, but can be ordered on our website. Stay warm and well as you enjoy seeing friends and family during this festive time of year!
Festive Penne with Garlic Red Pepper Miso
Serves three or four
3 tblsp olive oil
½ lb whole wheat penne pasta or gluten-free substitute
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp curry powder
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
14 oz cake of extra firm tofu
½ cup soaked sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbsp Garlic Red Pepper Miso
1. 1. Bring 2 ½ quarts of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and penne, stir. Boil 11-13 minutes or to desired tenderness stirring occasionally. Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. Dry tofu with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Cut into small cubes.
3. Heat 2 tblsp of olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Saute 1-2 cloves minced garlic. Add cubed tofu, stirring for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tsp curry powder over tofu and stir to coat. Add dried basil.
4. Add chopped spinach and sun-dried tomatoes to tofu. Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
5. Mix 2 tblsp Garlic Red Pepper Miso with 2 tsp water in a small bowl. Stir into tofu and vegetables.
6. Add the penne. Toss ingredients well. Add 1 tblsp miso or more to taste. Enjoy!
Visit Our Website
Enjoy our pictures, slide shows and videos by exploring the links below.
- Shop at our online store
- Try more of our great recipes
- Watch videos of rice growing at South River
- View a slide show of the miso making process
- Watch a Cooking Channel video about South River Miso
- See a slide show of our location at South River Farm
- Read "Love Letters" from our customers
Please join our community on Facebook