Chicken Fried Quinoa
Enjoy this delicious chicken fried quinoa. The enzymes in the marinade help tenderize the meat. You can use tofu or tempeh instead of chicken for a vegetarian dish.
Serves three or four
1½ tbs olive oil
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tsp sea salt
1½ tbsp pressed or minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
½ tsp minced hot peppers
3 tbsp Tamari
1 tbsp miso -
variety of your choosing
2 tsp honey
1 chicken breast
½ cup quinoa
½ cup finely chopped carrots
½ cup chopped red onions
½ cup green onions or scallions
¼ cup corn
1 scrambled Egg
1. Rinse chicken under cold water. Pound it on a cutting board with bottom of a jar to tenderize.
Cut chicken breast into thin 1 inch long strips. In a bowl mix together olive oil, minced garlic,
ginger, hot peppers, tamari, miso, and honey. Add chicken strips. Set aside to marinate.
2. In a medium sized pot add 1 cup of water and quinoa. Stir in olive oil, minced garlic, and salt.
Cover and bring to boil. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Keep covered for 5 minutes, then
uncover and stir.
3. Heat wok or large frying pan on high heat and add sesame oil and garlic. Sauté carrots for 2 -
3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken, onions, peas, and corn. Continue stirring rapidly for
3 minutes until chicken is tender.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Make a circle in the middle of the stir fry and add a dash of sesame
oil. Pour in egg and scramble making sure not to overcook the egg. Add the green onions and
mix scrambled egg evenly into the stir fry.
5. Add quinoa to the frying pan or wok. Mix all ingredients vigorously for one minute on high
heat. Add tamari or salt to taste, mix for another minute and cover. Enjoy!