Chicken Fried Quinoa
Enjoy this delicious chicken fried quinoa. The miso in the marinade contains enzymes that tenderize the meat. You can use tofu or tempeh instead of chicken for a vegetarian dish.
Serves three or four
1½ tbs olive oil
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tsp sea salt
1½ tbsp pressed or minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
½ tsp minced hot peppers
1 tbsp South River Miso -
variety of your choosing
2 tsp honey
1 chicken breast
½ cup quinoa
½ cup finely chopped carrots
½ cup chopped red onions
½ cup green onions or scallions
¼ cup corn
¼ cup peas
1 scrambled egg
2 tsp South River Miso
1 tsp water
1. Rinse chicken under cold water. Pound it on a cutting board with bottom of a jar to tenderize.
Cut chicken breast into thin 1 inch long strips. Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add chicken strips. Set aside to marinate.
2. In a medium sized pot on high heat add water and quinoa. Stir in olive oil, minced garlic, and salt.
Cover and bring to boil. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Keep covered for 5 minutes, then
uncover and stir.
3. Heat wok or large frying pan on high heat and add sesame oil and garlic. Sauté carrots for 2 -
3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken, onions, peas, and corn. Continue stirring rapidly for
3 minutes until chicken is tender.
4. Scramble the egg in a small bowl. Reduce heat to medium. Make a circle in the middle of the stir fry. Add a dash of sesame oil and the scrambled egg. Mix in making sure not to overcook. Add the green onions and mix evenly into the stir fry.
5. Add quinoa to the frying pan or wok. Mix all ingredients vigorously for one minute on high
heat. Dilute miso in 1 tsp of water and add. Add salt to taste, then mix for another minute and cover.
Enjoy with a side of steamed bok choy or other greens if you wish.